Thursday, November 20, 2008

New at This


I have seen all of my fellow facebookers blogging on here, and I finally decided to create an account. I think this will be a great place to post some of my pictures that actually tell a story. I post all of my pictures on facebook, but they all have so many long stories behind them that no one knows about.

This year I have been wanting to do more of the holiday things, like carving pumpkins, making a gingerbread house, and decorating a Christmas tree. These are all things I have either never done, or havent done since I lived with my parents many many years ago.

Last month we did the whole pumpkin carving, actually we did it twice. The first time with Teresa and her family. It was so much fun we decided to do it with Nancy's kids. Jon and I stopped at Whole Foods one afternoon, and bought nine pumpkins. For two weeks, Nancy and I could not coordinate our schedules, so those poor nine pumpkins rolled all over the car. I finally picked up the kids on a random Friday they had off, and took them to the park where they carved 4 pumpkins. It was great!

One thing that I have always wanted to do in the fall is rake all the leaves into a huge pile, and then pump into it! I always thought that looked like so much fun. For the first time ever, I have a front yard that has a ginormeous tree that drops hundreds of leaves a day! Jon wanted to rake the leaves so that we could help his dad out a little bit. I wanted to rake the leaves because it looked like fun. Well I came to find out, it isn't as great as it looks in the movies. After we had raked all the leaves into many large piles, I was over it. My nose was stuffy, my head was congested, and I was hot and sticky.

I think I have done everything I wanted to do in the Fall season. Now all that is left is the gingerbread house (and I already have the kit!), and decorating the tree (which will hopefully be in a new apartment.). I am determined to end this year the right way!

1 comment:

Dionne said...

Goodness, that's a lot of leaf shoveling!

When ya gonna update this, girl?