Sunday, April 19, 2009

My Grandma

It has been exactly six months today since my Grandma passed away. There is not a day that goes by where I do not think about her. The last few months with her, she taught me so much. The one thing that stands out more than anything was that she always wanted me to be a very independant woman. I am proud to say that I am continueing to do so more and more with each passing day.
She also taught me to stand up for myself. To never back down. I know if she could see me today she would be so proud of me. The last time I spoke with her before she passed away was after my first court date. She grabbed my hand and told me to not back down. Even though she wasn't here to be with me on all the other court dates, I know she was there in spirit, and she is what got me through all of it. My grandma went through so much, that she never spoke of. She had a hard life, and yet if you knew her you would never guess. I want to be just like her... Strong and independant.




No comments: